Save the Date!
La Crosse Area SHRM Symposium – Making Sense of Business: Simulation
When: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Where: Lunda Center, Western Technical College, La Crosse, WI
Time: 8 AM – 4 PM (7:30 AM Registration/Breakfast – Lunch @ 12-12:30 PM)
Cost: $100 for LASHRM Members (a $75 savings)
We need your help!
LASHRM is looking for approximately 12 table sponsors/organizations to make this event a success. Each sponsor (your organization) will “decorate” their table with pens, paper, etc. along with any marketing materials and brochures. In addition, the sponsor will be advertised in the LASHRM newsletter and newspaper announcement. All for a nominal sponsorship fee of $100.00 per table!
If your organization is interested in becoming a table sponsor, please contact Tracy Schams, LASHRM President-Elect at email@example.com or Miranda Eisermann, LASHRM Past President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you in advance for your consideration!
Making Sense of Business – Tell me more:
In this day long workshop, participants become entrepreneurial executives, teams become corporate giants, and the classroom becomes an entire industry. Teams decide what prices to set, whether to increase capacity, how much money to borrow, what R&D to pursue, and how to improve prices, cost structure, and cash flow. The business simulation models the real world, enabling participants to see their decisions’ impact on other departments, the ability to make future decisions, and the company’s bottom line results. Learners come away with an enhanced business readiness to take initiatives in everyday activities, leading to reductions in costs, inventories, and working capital; and enhanced understanding of how and why their everyday decisions and actions impact other areas of the company.
- Business has its own language, and this program is designed to help everyone communicate in the common language of the business. Many HR professionals have no idea what they’re looking at when reviewing a P&L. If we want a seat at the table we need to be a value add when we get invited.
- Build your business vocabulary… know what you’re looking for when reviewing your organization’s financial statements understand the whole business and how it works.
- The workbook clarifies business visualization, and offers participants the opportunity to come back and refresh their learning. In business visualization, you gain an enhanced way of seeing the interconnectedness of business ideas and concepts.
- Participants are part of all the interconnections; their decisions impact all other departments (production, finance, marketing & sales, etc.) — and the business as a whole — probably more than they realize.
- This program allows participants to see more clearly where they “stand on the board,” and how they impact organizational results. This in turn allows them to make better decisions, by anticipating the impacts more accurately.
Facilitator: John D. Lake, Jr.
These are words that have been used to describe John’s presentations.
He’s not a motivational speaker in the traditional sense (rah-rah, let’s go get ‘em), but he will leave your attendees motivated to think a little differently – and want more!
A veteran presenter and facilitator with over 20 years of global platform and classroom experience, John has worked with all levels of organizations – from boardroom to mailroom. He has presented to 4th graders (over 15 years with Junior Achievement) on up to seasoned business professionals.
Whether developing Business Acumen or Interpersonal Communications skills, John’s primary theme is “WHOLE BUSINESS THINKING” – helping organizations (through their leaders) focus not only on the bottom line, but on the people who make that bottom line happen.
Follow La Crosse Area SHRM for more details on this great event!
Blog post submitted by Miranda Eisermann, Past President of LASHRM