In “Confessions of a Public Speaker,” Scott Berkun identifies 8 reasons why people attend a lecture or conference session. People come because they:
Want to learn something
Wish to be inspired
Hope to be entertained
While we promise that our attendees will not be handcuffed to their chairs, we hope that with your presence as a speaker, you will:
1. Provide something worth learning
2. Be inspiring
3. Be entertaining
4. Help the audience satisfy their HR needs
5. Share your knowledge with people interested in HR
6. Create a positive experience
If you think you can provide at least 4 of the 6 things above, we want you to be a speaker at the 2014 WI SHRM State Conference in Madison, October 15-17.
Information about the opportunity can be found by clicking here. The deadline for submitting speaker proposals is February 21, 2014.
Additional information about the conference can be found by:
1. Checking the state website: wishrm.org
2. Following us on Twitter at @wishrm14 along with the conference hashtag #wishrm14
3. Check out the conference Facebook page.