CRITERIA AND PROCESS
What is the Workplace Diversity Award and why is it offered?
To recognize those organizations and/or companies who foster an inclusive work environment in which all employees are inspired to contribute their best through their different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. Award an organization who has been a role model in their local community as a strong advocate for diversity. This award will be based on organizational achievements. The Workplace Diversity Award is presented to the recipient at our WI State SHRM Conference that is being held October 3rd – 5th in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Who is eligible?
Organization/company nominated for this award should:
• Have displayed diversity in their local community.
• Be a role model for others in their advocacy of diversity.
• Have demonstrated leadership in championing the cause of racial, cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and other
aspects of diversity within the human resources profession and community.
• Be an organization, company or division of an organization/company that is based in the State of Wisconsin.
Who can nominate?
• Nominations may be submitted by a member of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM (e.g., SHRM Chapter
Presidents, Functional Directors, Regional Directors, or Officers)
• Nominations may also be submitted by a Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair from a Wisconsin SHRM Chapter.
(Local Chapter Members and Chapter Board Members may prepare nominations for submission by their SHRM
Chapter President or Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair.)
• An organization can self-nominate by submitting the application to the board of their local chapter or directly to
the WI State Council Director of Diversity and Inclusion.
***Please remember that if you are nominating an organization other than your own, to work with that organization to fill out the nomination forms. We want to ensure that the organization has had the opportunity to add initiatives, etc. to the application.
How can one nominate?
• Complete the attached nomination form.
When are nominations due?
• A completed nomination must be received by August 10, 2012, for consideration.
How are recipients selected?
• Nominations will be reviewed by a Diversity Awards Committee of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM.
Completed nominations should be sent electronically or in hardcopy to:
Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Wisconsin State Council – SHRM
c/o Professor, MBA Office
12800 N. Lake Shore Dr.
Mequon, WI 53097
FAX: (262) 674-1259